At La Boite we are committed to creating an environment that keeps the safety and well-being of young people as our top priority. We adopt and endorse the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations, have an embedded Working With Children Policy and have implemented a range of practical measures, including:
- Our Board, Executive and Facilitators hold current and valid Working with Children Blue Cards.
- A minimum of two Facilitators are assigned to each program and are trained in consent-based practice.
- Group sizes are kept small to ensure adequate supervision and guidance.
- Ensemble work is important in developing an art practice, however young people are encouraged to work in similar aged groups.
- Parents and guardians are invited to observe the program taking place.
- Regular cleaning of facilities and the provision of sanitiser and face masks.