Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By proceeding with the purchase, you will have accepted the following conditions of sale. You must not purchase a ticket unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
APPLICATION OF TERMS
- The sale of tickets and attendance of an Event are subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale, La Boite Theatre’s Conditions of Entry, the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice (LPA Code) and any additional terms and confirmation notified at the time of ticket sale.
- Such terms apply to both the original purchaser / ticket holder and any subsequent ticketholders. By purchasing on behalf of someone else you undertake the responsibility to inform them of these terms.
- Your purchase is sold by La Boite Theatre Ltd (ABN 53 773 048 867) of 6-8 Musk Avenue Kelvin Grove Qld 4059 (PO Box 232 Red Hill LPO Qld 4059).
- ‘La Boite Theatre’, ‘La Boite’, ‘La Boite Box Office’, the ‘Company’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means La Boite Theatre Ltd.
- ‘You’, ‘ticket purchaser’, ‘ticket buyer’ and ‘ticket holder’ means the person seeking to purchase or acquire a ticket to an Event, the person holding a ticket to an Event, and the person seeking to attend an Event.
- ‘Event’ means a theatre performance, show, function, or other activity for which we sell tickets.
- ‘Venue’ means the place where the Event is being held, or other property owned or operated by us.
- ‘ACL’ means Australian Consumer Law.
- ‘Code’, ‘LPA Code’, ‘Code of Practice’ and ‘LPA Code of Practice’ means the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice in effect at the time of ticket sale.
- La Boite Theatre is a member of Live Performance Australia and complies with the Ticketing Code of Practice. Please click here to access a PDF of the Consumer Code. Any queries or complaints relating to the code can be made at email@example.com or on (07) 3007 8600.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The use of photographic or recording devices (inc mobile phones) are not permitted. We reserve the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos or videos.
- Beverages may be consumed in the theatre. However, we reserve the right to prohibit glass, hot beverages or beverages completely based on the needs of the Event.
- Food may not be consumed in the theatre.
- Events will commence promptly at the advertised time and entry cannot be guaranteed if you arrive later than the advertised time. If you are admitted into the theatre late, you must enter in a way that causes minimum disturbance to the performance. This may include waiting until a suitable break in the performance and sitting in designated seats closest to the entry, forfeiting pre-reserved seats.
- Re-admittance to the theatre cannot be guaranteed if you leave mid-performance. If you are re-admitted into the theatre, you must re-enter in a way that causes minimum disturbance to the performance. This may include waiting until a suitable break in the performance, sitting in designated seats closest to the entry and forfeiting pre-reserved seats.
- You must, at all times, treat staff and other visitors with respect and follow the directions provided by staff.
- We strictly adhere to the responsible service of alcohol and reserve the right to deny entry or require the removal of patrons from the premises in accordance with the Liquor Act 1992 (Qld).
- You may be refused entry or required to leave the premises if you do not comply with the Conditions of Entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by ACL.
- Attendance and the right of admission is reserved by La Boite Theatre.
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE
- We will endeavour to disclose warnings regarding content including language, themes, use of haze or other special effects, or any other relevant information to audience members prior to the production. This information may not be known to us at time of purchase, however we will update content advisories as soon as reasonably possible. Once available, content advisories will be published on our website. If you have further questions, you can always contact us before your visit or speak to our staff on the night. Content advisories are subject to change without notice.
- Tickets sold on behalf of Presenters other than La Boite are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant production. La Boite has no control over, or liability for, the performance of the event by the Presenter. All ticketing complaints and claims, and your legal rights, are as against the Presenter, not La Boite, except where La Boite is at fault or where you have a legal right against La Boite under the ACL.
Pricing & Payments
- Tickets are only valid if purchased through La Boite Theatre or an authorised agent.
- All tickets are subject to availability.
- Prices are subject to change without notice and quoted in Australian dollars.
- La Boite reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists; vary advertised programs, seating arrangements and audience capacity; and refuse admission with reasonable cause.
- Concession prices may be available to La Boite Productions and Events on an individual event-basis. Concession prices are generally available for: Pensioners, Seniors, Full-Time Students, Frontline Workers, Brisbane-based artists/arts workers, and those who hold a Health Care Card or Veteran Affairs Card. Eligibility may vary on an individual event-basis. Proof of concession ID may be required.
- Discounted price types may not be available where Tickets are sold on behalf of Presenters other than La Boite. This may include concession, group and/or student price types.
- A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase, calculated at checkout. This fee applies to transactions with up to 10 tickets and is irrespective of the ticket price/s contained within. You will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase.
- A group transaction fee of $10.00 will apply for orders of more than 10 tickets and is irrespective of the ticket price/s contained within. You will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase.
- You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own / hold or have express permission of the owner / holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
- If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error arose due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), we may cancel the ticket and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price.
- Delivery of tickets will only be made upon receipt of full payment.
- A successful purchase will generate a booking reference / order number. La Boite takes no responsibility for incomplete purchases that have not received a booking reference number, where the customer has made no attempt to confirm the order with us.
No Scalping or Other Unauthorised Sales
- Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or packaged, resold or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without our prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the ticket may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission.
Refunds, Exchanges, Cancellation & Changes
- All exchanges are in line with the LPA Ticketing Code of Conduct.
- Refunds will be provided to the original ticket purchaser via the original payment method. You may need to contact La Boite where we are unable to provide the process your refund (for example, where the credit card has expired / been cancelled, cash sales).
- Customers may be at risk of no refund if the purchase was made from an unauthorised seller.
- All exchanges are subject to availability and are in line with the LPA Ticketing Code of Conduct.
- If exchanging for a more expensive performance type, upgrade fees will apply.
- At least 24 hours notice prior to your original performance date must be given to us to perform an exchange. Exchanges cannot be processed where this notice has not been provided.
- A $4.00 exchange fee applies per transaction, regardless of the number of tickets within the transaction.
- Exchanges are not final until any relevant fees are paid and a confirmation notice of your new tickets have been issued.
- Exchanges from one performance date / time to another are allowed for La Boite Theatre Mainstage Productions. Exchanges from one production to another are not permitted. Exchanges are not available for tickets sold on behalf of a Presenter that is not La Boite Theatre.
- We, at our discretion, may offer a remedy even when not required un the LPA Code or under the ACL. This may include a refund (partial / full), on-account credit or an exchange. We are not able to offer such discretionary remedies where tickets have been sold on behalf of another Presenter. In these instances, we will forward these requests to the relevant Presenter for authorisation, however decisions regarding all discretionary remedies remain with the relevant Presenter.
- If an Event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, we will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation. However, we do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation, rescheduling or relocation prior to the Event.
- You may be entitled at law or under the LPA Code to a refund or exchange where an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (inc ACL), neither La Boite Theatre nor the Presenter will reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event. We recommend that you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses.
- To the extent permitted by law (inc ACL), neither La Boite Theatre nor the Presenter are liable to exchange or refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
- The Presenter may add, withdraw or substitute artists or vary advertised programs, performance times, Venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these change, except for in these Terms & Conditions, the LPA Code or as required by law (inc ACL).
Promotions & Competitions
- If you received your ticket(s) as a prize, gift, donation or otherwise for no cost, these Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion or competition (‘Competition Terms’), apply to your use of the ticket(s).
- Where additional elements were included in your prize package, such as hotel accommodation, merchandise or travel arrangements, such additional elements are subject to the Competition Terms and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the provider of such additional elements (for example, an airline for travel arrangements).
- Where accommodation and/or travel arrangements are included in your prize, we recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance.
- Gift Vouchers will be allocated a unique booking reference number. This number is required to use or check the available balance of the voucher.
- Gift Vouchers are not refundable or redeemable for cash.
- Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed for Productions / Events presented by La Boite Theatre and may not be used for other Events (such as venue hirers).
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 3 years (36 months) from the date of purchase and may not be redeemed after this time.
- We do not accept any liability for lost or stolen Gift Vouchers.
Food & Beverage Packages
- Items included vary depended on a number of factors, including the number persons being catered to, product supply and seasonality. No specific items are guaranteed in inclusion and offerings may change. Images may differ from the actual product. Product offering varies on production season basis.
- La Boite is committed to the responsible service of alcohol and adheres to our House Policy and the Liquor Act 1992 (Qld). Alcohol service may be restricted or suspended, and patrons may be asked to leave the venue. In such instances, Customers will have no claim against us in regards to the responsible service of alcohol.
- Merchandise will not be refunded or exchanged, unless required by ACL.
- Prior to purchasing a ticket through the La Boite website, you may be required to register for a user account and to nominate an email address and password for your account. You must maintain the confidentiality and security of your usher accounts (including your password) and not provide it to any other persons.
- You are responsible for your use of your La Boite ticketing account and all transactions conducted using your account. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, please notify us immediately and rest your password.
- By purchasing a ticket through us, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, and handling of your personal information as governed by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and the Information Privacy Principles established under these Acts. This may include the disclosure of your personal information by us to the Presenter and/or the Venue where the Venue is not operated by us.
- These Terms and Conditions may be updated at any time by us. Variations will come into effect immediately after their publication and apply to any purchases made after said publication date.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions of Sale is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
Last updated 20 November 2023
Level 5, 6-8 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove, QLD 4059
(07) 3007 8600 | firstname.lastname@example.org